High School Bursary Opportunities
Starting 2022, SPA offers 10 bursaries covering tuition (fees) only to well-rounded, academically strong candidates in grades 10-12. Preference is given to those who are previously disadvantaged.
Half Bursaries (5 each year)
Half bursaries are awarded to any learner based purely on academic excellence. The child must have scored a minimum of 75% average in all subjects. New learners applying for bursaries from other schools will be subject to a written interview in mathematics/ mathematical literacy and English Language. Half bursaries exclude registration fees and are limited to tuition fees for each year of study.
Full Bursaries (5 each year)
These are based on both academic achievement and financial need. Full bursaries cover both registration and tuition fees for each term of study as well as academic support and mentoring. The bursary does not cover scholastic materials and uniforms.
To be considered for a bursary, you should meet the following criteria:
- Must have scored a minimum overall academic average of 75% in the year you are applying of SPA Bursary.
- NOT be in possession of a bursary / scholarship / financial assistance award from another organization.
- Must demonstrate resilience, good behaviour and leadership skills.
How to apply;
The completed application form must be submitted along with clear copies of the following documents:
- ID document/Birth Certificate
- Mid-year and/or end of year report for the current grade.
- Proof of address.
- Completed SPA enrollment form along with the registration requirements.
- Elligible students must be in grade 9 or 10 in the year of application.
All applications are done through our partner organisation Monyane and Sefako Matlala Family Foundation, a Non-Profit Organisation specializing in career guidance, education management and related services. Interested candidates may send their expression of interest (or queries) email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com